Saturday, February 6, 2010

P-O-T-T-Y!!

It all started with Layla being moved up to the next room at daycare. When Shane and I picked her up after her first day on Monday, her teacher, Robin, asked us if it was okay to start introducing Layla to the "potty". Of course, we said "yes". It never hurts to show her new things, right? On Tuesday, they sat her on it once after nap time. To their surprise...she went! By Wednesday....EVERY time they put her on...she did her thing! When i picked her up that night, Robin was eager to tell me that she is a "miracle child" who "gets things" so easily. Layla's even getting a "potty chart" started on Monday! This got me thinking that we should probably get our "miracle child" a potty for home. Who are we to deny such a genius? :-) So, off we went to Target today! Once in the potty aisle, she quickly pointed to the Fisher Price Froggy Potty! I thought we'd try it out before getting pj's on tonight. I said..."let's go potty". She ran right in there and got undressed with Mommy's help. (genius? yes. coordinated? no.) She sat down...and VOILA!!! Yep---that's pee folks--we're so proud!

3 comments:

Elissa and Fam said...

don"t be crazy like Kate Gosselin and take pics of poop too!

The Riddles said...

no worries...i'll only send those to you.

The Krueger's said...

Its official, I'm bringing Layla over to potty train our children...I've never heard of it being that easy...she is a genious!